Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Monday, June 15, 2009

Brooklyn : The Artist (A Year in Review)

I just thought that I would share a little of what Jennie and I got to see everyday. Brooklyn is quite the little artist and seems to love drawing and coloring. Every day when she came home from school there was at least one picture in her folder from the day. She is always drawing and coloring when around the house and not playing. It is amazing to see some of the stuff that she brings home. I know she didn't get that from me. Who knows, maybe instead of a superstar athlete she will be an artist. We hope you enjoy them as much as we have. These are from various times during her first grade year.


This is how Brooklyn sees mom......


and dad (looks just like me)........


and Maddux (notice the Wii in parenthesis; all Maddux thinks about)........


and Nolan..........


and Payton (Patin).

It is funny because she gave everyone green eyes except Payton who has blue. Payton is the only one who doesn't have green yet but it is amazing that she picked that up and colored our eyes the way they really are. It is amazing how smart these kids are and the things they pick up on.


Here is a family portrait (I must have been on vacation because I don't think I am in this picture).


This is one of my favorites. it is a Valentine's poem and says, "My dad is my favorite Valentine. He takes us out to dinner. He is going to take me to a dance. My dad loves me too."


A Valentine heart that says she loves mom and dad.


A picture of a lighthouse.


Some flowers in a pot.


Her very own Easter egg.


The circus that she went to.


An apple with a worm in it.

I hope to get some of these framed and hung up one day. There are so many others that I would like to post but some are just too big to scan. I may try to take a picture and post them that way but until then we hope that you enjoyed these. Maybe one day when she is a famous artist these first edition originals will be worth millions (we can always hope).

No comments: