Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.

Well we have got quite the little snow storm over the last 24 hours and we probably have at least 2 feet on the ground right now. It was been snowing all day and just combined on top of what we got last week. However, I must say I have been pretty lucky this year as today was the first day that I really had to shovel. Our neighbor, Debbie, has been really nice and usually has the driveway snowblown before I even get home. The funny thing is that she usually also brings us some type of treat or baked goods. I thought it should be the other way around. She snowblows our drive and we take her something. We appreciate her willingness to come over and I know it makes it easier for Jennie if she has to go anywhere during the day.

Well today Strongsville canceled school, I think they were one of the only cities to do so, so Brooklyn got to stay home and had a friend over. They were all playing outside and helped shovel the snow. Maddux did a lot of this although most of what he shoveled was paths around the house, on the lawn.



I know they had a lot of fun and have had way to many snow days already. I went to school in Montana, which I think is a lot colder and has more snow, and I can't remember having school canceled once because of snow. There were a couple of times when it was so cold that the car wouldn't start but don't ever remember not having to go because of snow. Brooklyn has already had 4 or 5 days off because of it. I tell you what, kids these days just don't have to tough it. Anyways, here are some pictures from their "snow day" today.



Maddux taking a giant big out of the snow. Not sure what they were thinking but they all did it.



Maddux coming up from his bite.



It must taste good and as long as it isn't yellow snow I guess there is no harm.



It looked like so much fun that Brooklyn had to try some.



Here she is with her snow beard, no pun intended, afterward.



Brooklyn and her friend, Maddie, eating snow.



Maddux, Maddie and Brooklyn.



Brooklyn trying to catch some snowflakes.



Brooklyn shoveling the lawn. Next time we will shoot for the walkway or maybe the drive. She must think that the lawn needs shoveled also. Plus if she did the drive and walkway I wouldn't have anything to do when I got home.

The funny thing is that this could all be gone by this weekend as it is suppose to heat up to the 50's. Should be quite the mess.

1 comment:

Aaron and Jessie said...

Yikes! I sure hope that snow is gone by the time we get there, I don't even know where the girls winter coats are. Although, we did get our first snow last night, but the time we went outside it was already melted.