Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daughter Daddy Dance


Well last night Brooklyn and I went on a daddy daughter date complete with dinner, dancing and ice cream. The rec center hosted a daddy daughter dance for girls 6 - 12. It was the first year that Brooklyn could go and I figured it would be a lot of fun to hang out. I spend a lot of time with Maddux doing karate and other things and don't spend as much one on one time with Brooklyn so this was our night. Of course I picked her up some flowers to start the night then came by the house and picked her up for dinner. We ended up eating at Applebee's before the dance as this is one of Brooklyn's favorite places to go. We then headed over to the dance to get our groove on. I was surprised at how many people actually showed up (probably about 150). The dance lasted 2 hours and was semi-formal in attire. It was a very fun night as the DJ was pretty good and they just played songs the whole time. It was funny because there was a lot of Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana on one side and then a lot of older stuff (B52s, Earth Wind and Fire, Bon Jovi) on the other side. Then of course there were 4 or 5 daddy daughter songs. They also took pictures of each couple (via Polaroid; I didn't even know they still had those) as a keepsake to take home. We ended up running into one of Brooklyn's friends and her dad and spent most of the night dancing with them. Then after the dance we all went out for ice cream. We ended up getting home at about 10:00 but it was all worth it. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again next year. Here are a couple other pictures from the night.


Brooklyn with her flowers.


You can't have pictures without the "funny face" pictures.

It was a very fun night and one that I will always remember.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

That's fun. I was talking to Mom today, and she filled me in on the daddy daughter dance. I heard that Nolan ran to get Brooklyn when Ted knocked on the door. It's all very cute.

thekerrclan said...

I think that's awesome!