Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Wiggles!!!


Here are some pictures from our surprise the other night. On Thursday I took the boys out for a surprise. They had no idea what it was only that it was a boys night out. Jennie dropped them off after work and we first went to McDonald's for dinner. We then went to the show and Maddux thought we were going into a movie. It wasn't until we walked thru the doors and they could see the Wiggles sign that he knew what it was. Nolan didn't actually know what it was until they took the stage. This is the third time I have taken the kids to see the Wiggles but the first time that Nolan has gone. Both Brooklyn and Maddux loved them when they were little but Nolan has been the biggest fanatic so far. He could sit and watch them all day. It was kind of funny because I don't think that Nolan blinked once during the whole show. Both his eyes and mouth were wide open the whole show. It was the same way Maddux was the first time I took him 2 years ago.

We walked in and they could see the stage all set up and the big sign over but Nolan wasn't sure what was going on. He has seen them lots on TV but really didn't know what was going on. It was funny because they were playing music until the show started and every time a song ended he would say, "it's over", and I would just think to myself just wait, it hasn't even started. We had really good seats and were only 8 rows from the stage and had aisle seats. They could see everything up close and could stand up and dance if they wanted. Maddux would sing and dance but Nolan was just awestruck and just watched. It was funny when they first came out on stage in The Big Red Car because his eyes just got really big and a huge smile came across his face. I think it was then that he realized that they weren't coming on the TV this time. The aisle seats are good because they tend to run through the audience from time to time and interact with the fans. We were lucky enough to have three of the four run right down our aisle. They were all inches from us. Maddux stuck out his hands to get fives but Nolan had no idea what to do and just stood there in awe.
As much as I hate to admit it the Wiggles have grown on me. I remember hating them the first couple of times that I heard or saw them but now I know every song. They do put on a very good show and the kids absolutely love them. The show lasted about an hour and a half and is non stop the whole time. Those guys have to be in incredible shape. They then both got to pick out a souvenir after the show to bring home. Maddux picked a baseball cap and Nolan got a shirt. I think next year it will probably be just me and Nolan as Maddux will probably be a little too old for them. It is kind of sad that the last three concerts that I have been to were all the Wiggles. I guess that is what happens when you have kids.
Brooklyn, Jennie and Payton also had a girls night out. They went over to Jennie's parents and went out with Connie for dinner and Brooklyn's surprise. They ended up going to an art shop where you can paint ceramics and have them glazed and take them home. Brooklyn is quite the artist and had a blast. She got to make a Santa mug and really enjoyed herself. I was worried that she was going to be sad about not being able to go to the show but I haven't heard one thing about it from her. I think she is officially over the Wiggles.
Jennie and I love doing things with and for the kids and it is always fun to surprise them with things like this. I feel kind of guilty because I think I have just as much, if not more, fun than they do. It is priceless to see the expressions on their face when they finally figure out what they are doing.

No comments: