Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back in the First Grade.

With it being Columbus Day I had the day off work and was able to spend it doing things with the kids. I got to walk Brooklyn to school this morning and then pick her up after. I also was lucky enough to be able to bring Brooklyn lunch today, at school, and sit with her and her class and eat. I forgot how small those desks and tables are. I couldn't even fit both my legs under the table to eat. I did have a blast and I think all the kids thought it was cool that I brought pizza for us to eat. It was funny listening to their conversations and talking with them. We got to sit next to Emily, who is Brooklyn's jump roping buddy, Adam and Alex who are also in her class. I was asking them lots of questions and trying to make them laugh. I was asking them what they liked to do during recess and Adam replied that he liked to chase girls. I guess I know who I need to watch out for. The whole experience was really fun and I am glad that I got to do that. I can't wait for the next day I am off where Brooklyn has school because I will definitely go back.


After that Maddux, Nolan and I went to pick up some pumpkins. They each got to pick out their own pumpkin and then I got one for Brooklyn. I think we will wait to carve them so they last until Halloween. We found a good deal on some huge pumpkins that are going to be tons of fun to clean out and I am sure that it won't be the kids cleaning them.

Then once Brooklyn and I got back from school the kids helped me fill these little pumpkin bags with leaves so I could hang them from the tree. They love to decorate for the holidays and will help out wherever possible. I don't know if I have more fun or if they do. If we could just keep Nolan from playing with or taking everything down we could really go all out.

The kids had a blast picked up the leaves and can't wait until they all fall off and they, I mean Jennie and I, can rake them up so they can jump in them. I think that is their favorite time of Fall after Halloween of course. The neighbor has a huge tree in her front yard and because of how close it is to our yard we get a majority of the leaves. It is a pain to rake them up but the kids love playing in them so that makes it worth it. We will have some pictures of that once the leaves fall.

This last picture is a tribute to Spencer and his love for jump roping. The kids have quickly picked this up and do it whenever they can. We had to go out and buy them each a jump rope so they wouldn't fight. It is funny because everyday Brooklyn will jump rope on her way to school and then Maddux will jump rope on the way home. They are actually quite good considering they haven't been doing it for very long. They have already figured out the criss-cross and can run down the street while jumping. Maybe one day we will see them on ESPN and the contest that they run.

No comments: