Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Monday, October 20, 2008

The kids last games of the season.


On Saturday Maddux had his second karate tournament. And like the first he finished in first place with the highest score. There were probably about 25 kids ranging in age from 3 1/2 to 7. He scored a total of 20.5 points and was the only competitor to score a 7, he got two of them. I don't mean to sound biased or anything but he was by far and away the best in his class. Even though he is doing so well I don't know if they will move him up for awhile because of his age. The other kids in his class are 6 and 7 and he is still 4. This may keep him where he is at for a little while. He loves it and we have seen a huge improvement over the last year. Here is Maddux receiving his medal for first place. He now has two first place medals to show off.






I felt kind of bad because Maddux's karate tournament and Brooklyn's last game were at the same time so I didn't get to see any of her game. They did tie 2 - 2 to finish the season 1 - 1 -6. Their last 2 games were by far the best of the year. I am also happy to report that next year Brooklyn will have a new coach. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks her coach this year was useless. Connie has graciously agreed to be her new coach. We were also fortunate to have Grandma Elaine come and watch Brooklyn's game.
I know that Brooklyn had a lot of fun but it is sometimes hard to watch her team play with little or no direction. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it at this age but I see the other teams they are playing and there is a huge difference. I don't want her to fall behind because one coach doesn't want to take the time to teach the girls. Anyways, it is over now and we will see if she wants to play next year.

From Maddux's karate we went straight to his soccer game and made it just as the game was starting. He really wanted to play so I am glad that we made it in time. He may have one more make up game this Saturday depending on the weather but also may not. His team has only lost one game this year and weren't going to end the season on a losing streak.
His team won 12 - 4 and Maddux had 4 goals. I think that is his most for the season. I felt bad for him because I forgot to bring a long sleeve shirt and it was pretty good that morning. I think he may have been the only kid in short sleeves. It was a hectic morning and I just forgot so I am crossing my fingers hoping he doesn't get sick. He also had a blast this year playing soccer and really enjoyed finally being on a "Team" and being able to wear a uniform. He has been jealous of Brooklyn over the last year watching her compete in different things.
His team had their end of season party tonight after a quick practice. They went to Dairy Queen and then handed out ribbons. We didn't get to stay very long as Nolan threw up all over the place. Both him and I were sick all weekend and didn't do much outside of laying around. I really felt bad for Jennie as I wasn't much help and she not only had to watch over the kids but also had to clean up Nolan every time he threw up. That poor kid must have thrown up 6 or 8 times this weekend. After everything he ate came throw up. The funny thing, if there can be something funny about this, is that after he threw up he was asking for more food. He just couldn't get enough. Hopefully the worst is behind us and everyone will be back to their normal selves.

No comments: