Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hoops at the Q.


On New Year's Day Jennie and I got the opportunity to go play some hoops on the Cleveland Cavaliers home court for a couple of hours. One of the guys that we play with in the mornings won an auction for the right to play. He invited about 40 people (not all played) and we were lucky enough to be 2 of those people. It was a lot of fun although it took awhile for our depth perception to adjust. It is a lot different shooting with an empty background rather than a wall background. They played sons vs dads and invited a couple of ringers (Jennie and myself) to make sure that the dads won, which we did. After we got done playing they took us on a tour of the players locker room. Jennie felt like she was invading their personal space but I was just taking it all in. We got to see everything and they let us take as many pictures as we wanted. Since most people will never get this close I figured I would post some so you can see what it is like.



Here I am sitting in Lebron's chair in front of his locker. Jennie thought I was crazy but I figured I was that close and may never get the chance again so I had to do it.


Jennie would not sit in his chair so we settled for a picture in front on his locker. Notice that he has a TV, stereo system and X-box in his locker. All lockers were equipped with the same. Lebron was also the only player who had an empty locker next to his. Must be nice to be "The King".


These are the chairs that the players sit in for treatment and to get taped. Now I am a pretty big guy and I look very small in this chair. They were very large which puts into perspective how big some of those guys really are.


Jennie and I standing at center court. I can't believe Rich didn't get any of the logo but you get the picture.


Here is Jennie standing in front of Shaq's locker showing the muscles. Not quite the same as the "Big Witness Protection" but a funny picture nonetheless.


Here is Jennie dominating a 12 year old. I love this picture because you can see her teammate, the guy running down the floor, counting the basket before she even made it. What confidence he had in Jennie's abilities.


And you thought Lebron was the only one who required a triple team. She was the only female that went out and played and was able to hold her own against the sons. Notice she does not force things and finds the open man for the easy score, kind of Lebronesque.


Here I am getting ready to take some poor kid to the hole.


Jennie deep in the Q. I hate to admit it but I think she did have more points than me.

Well we had a lot of fun and it was cool to see where the players get ready and hang out. Not sure if we'll ever get to do it again but hopefully next year he will win the auction again and invite us to play. It is nice to have some connections.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Love the pics. Looks like a lot of fun.

thekerrclan said...

You look seriously small in that chair. Wow.

AKKerr said...

That would be soooo cool. U guys are lucky!!!