Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My how they grow up fast.

It has been quite some time since my last post mainly due to the fact that we haven't had our computer since we went to Florida. We got some type of virus and had to have it wiped out and start over from scratch. I am hoping to get it back in the next day or two so I can download all our pictures from Florida and post those. I am using Connie's laptop but don't want to download 900+ pictures onto her computer. As soon as I get ours back they will be up that same day. In the meantime here are some recent pictures of the kids and how fast they are growing.


There is a funny story behind this photo. We were in WalMart the other day looking at the toys because the kids had some money to spend. The next thing you know Nolan comes flying around the corner on a two wheeler, with training wheels, riding all over the store. This was the first time that I had seen him ride one so we figured we would get some training wheels and put them on one of the bikes we had at home. I went home and put them on that day and he has been cruising around ever since. He loves his new bike.


It took him a couple tries to get use to the new bike. The first 2 minutes he was on it he probably tipped over 3 or 4 times trying to turn too quickly. After that he had figured it out and was riding all over.


This was funny because the first couple of times he went down the sidewalk he had to come back up and there was a little incline that he couldn't make it up. Maddux had to ride behind him and give him a push start every once in awhile. It took him a little bit to figure out that he had to peddle a little bit harder up the hills in order to make it.


Here is Payton in her new bed. Nolan has finally moved out of the crib and into the bunk beds which means Payton is now in the crib and has her own room. She has adapted very well and it is nice to have our room back to ourselves. I can now watch TV anytime I want without worrying about waking her up. Speaking of Nolan I have another funny story about him from just last night. I am lying in bed and at about 11:00 I can hear him kind of crying. So I get up to go see what is wrong and when I get into the room all I see is from his knees down. He had crawled under the bed and fell asleep. He must have not been able to get out by himself. I am not sure if he still even knows what happened. Just one of the many funny things that Nolan does.


The other day the kids decided to run a little lemonade stand during the day and did quite well. They ended up making a little over $20 in a couple of hours. Not bad for their first time. This may be how they got so much money. Brooklyn was belting out some tunes on her microphone.


Here are the kids with some of the neighbors at their lemonade stand.


Here is Jennie after a typical day of chasing the kids around.

With any luck we will have our computer back and I can put pictures from Florida up on the blog. I have some really good ones and need to get them up.

No comments: