Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Night with the CAVs


Last night I took Maddux to a CAV's game or as he calls it "Lebron's." I got really good seats and it was Lebron James Bobblehead night so we both got one. I had Jennie bring him downtown after work so we could go eat before the game. We ended up going to the mall to eat, McDonald's, so we could then walk underground to the arena. I planned on getting there early so Maddux could have a shot at being on of the ballkids and get a basketball from one of the players. While at the mall we took this picture of Maddux in front of the Christmas tree they have set up. They also have a performance by the Nutcracker that we take the kids to every year and will be heading to shortly.

We showed up about an hour before the game started so Maddux could do some of the fun activities they have before the game starts. We got him dressed up in his Lebron jersey to show support for his favorite player. I am not sure if he knows exactly who Lebron James is or if he just thinks all basketball players are Lebron.


I think one of Maddux's favorite things to do at the games is to see "the dog" (real name is Moon Dog) who is the mascot for the CAV's. The first game that I took him to he got to give him five and he has been hooked ever since. When he is running around thru the audience Maddux could care less about the game or what else is going on. With the seats we were in we were able to see him up close and personal. He was only about 4 or 5 seats away from us and Maddux absolutely loved every minute of it.

They also had a picture of Moon Dog outside that the kids could stand next to and measure themselves. Of course Maddux had to have his picture taken there. Of course a basketball game wouldn't be complete with some cotton candy, soda, and nachos, all of which Maddux needed to have. Maddux had a great time and repeated more than once that this was one of his favorite things to do. Personally I just wish the game would have been a little better. The CAV's ended up killing the Knicks and won by 36. It is nice to win but when you win by that much you don't get to see the stars for very long. This is the second game that I have been to this year and both have been won by 36 or more points and Lebron didn't play very much in either. I guess the important thing to remember is that Maddux had a blast and loved every minute of it.

Well Maddux didn't get to be a ballkid but he did get to go onto the floor and be an honorary media kid. They gave him a shirt, which he was very excited about, a media badge, and a disposable camera to take pictures. He got to sit right under the basket and take pictures of the players as they warmed up. I was really excited to do this. I think he was more excited to do this than go get a ball from the players. It was Jennie and myself who were more excited about the ball. He got to sit down there for about 40 minutes and take pictures until the film was gone. The cool thing about that was he got to keep the camera and develop the pictures to keep. I was really excited to see what he had taken pictures of as he has never used a camera before. I thought there would either be a lot of pictures of the floor or a bunch of his face, from having the camera turned around. I was actually surprise by what I saw. Here are 4 of the better pictures that he took.


There were quite a few of players shoes and I think most of them were the same player. I got see him just shooting pictures,rewinding the film and shooting again one after the other. I am sure that he had them all taken within the first couple of minutes and then just watched the rest of the time. I also don't think he looked through the eye hole and instead just held the camera up and took pictures.



This one is my favorite and I was really surprised that there weren't more like it. I imagined that he held it up backwards and took a whole role of himself. Not sure if he meant to do this or just did by mistake but it is my favorite.


Not sure how this happened but he actually got a good picture action picture of Chris Duhon taking a shot.


Another one I am not sure how he pulled off. Here is a picture on the Jumbotron of the Lebron Bobblehead they were giving away. It is funny because he stayed up the whole way home last night so he could tell Jennie how much fun he had. Brooklyn is next as we have tickets to the Jan 7th game to see if we can get her back on the court and get another ball.

No comments: