Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Last Week.

Sorry it has been awhile since the last post but Jennie has had me out in the yard and doesn't give me breaks. Since the weather has been decent over the last week she had me rake up all the leaves, cut the grass one last time, get everything ready for the winter and plant our new bushes. Since we had to update the sewer pipes to the house and plant all new grass we really haven't done anything with the beds. I just cut them out this summer and put mulch around the house. Then we went and got all our bushes last weekend since they were 60% off and then I had to plant them all yesterday. That is how I spent my day off. It was a lot of work but well worth it as the yard looks a lot better and we now have some actual "curb appeal".

This is what happens when you leave Nolan in the house alone. I was out raking and blowing the leaves and Jennie had just put Payton down for a nap and came out to help with the leaves. She couldn't have been outside for more than 10 or 15 minutes and when she came back in this is what she found. Nolan had proceeded to take all the kitchen utensils out of the drawer and place them on the floor. He also started to get into the pots and pans. I think he is going to grow up to be a chef. He loves to play with everything in the kitchen and loves to help me make things from time to time. I made homemade chicken noodle soup the other week and let him help quite a bit. He absolutely loved it and now gets into everything.

Yesterday I got to go eat lunch with Brooklyn at school again. Due to Veteran's Day the banks were closed and I had the day off. Between all my yard work I took an hour off to go eat with Brooklyn at school. I stopped and got McDonald's, her request, and sat with her at her table. The tables are ridiculously small and I can't fit my legs under so I have to sit sideways in order to fit. It is so much fun to sit and eat lunch with first graders. They are in awe when a parent comes to eat and love to ask all sorts of questions. It is the second time I have been able to eat with her and will not be the last. I have to do it now before it becomes uncool.

The kids also started their swimming lessons again last night and love it. Maddux is in the same class, Advanced Preschool, because he is not old enough to move up and Brooklyn is now in Level II. It is amazing to see how much they have improved in a couple of months and now Jennie and I don't have to worry as much about them when they are around the pool. I am hoping to be able to get Nolan in next. He will have to do the class with a parent in the water but he needs to learn. He is the one that Jennie and I worry the most about since he doesn't seem to have any fear. He is actually very good in the water but needs to learn more. It is kind of funny to take him to the Pirate Pool and watch he get around. He has no problem going under the water and staying there until he wants to get up. It freaks other parents out when he stays under for 10 or 15 seconds but he is fine. When he is ready he will come back up without any problems.

This week Jennie also started to potty train Nolan. He is constantly taking his clothes off and has figured out how to remove his diaper now. You will be doing something and then go into another room and he is standing there naked as can be. He loves to sit on the potty and watch TV but hasn't got the hang of it yet.




Here he is sitting on the potty watching the Wiggels. They are still his favorite and one of the only shows that he will actually sit still for and watch. Jennie plopped him in front of the TV and pumped him full on juice and treats until he went. He did manage to go a couple of times and was very proud of himself for doing so. With any luck we will be down to one in diapers in a little bit. I will be the first one to admit that I have never changed many diapers but I will be happy when the day comes that we are out of the diaper stage, as I am sure Jennie will too.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ted, Jennie is such a slave driver. How do you let her get away with that. Nolie you are so cute on that pot. Let Grandma know when you ready for you potty trained treat. Love to all. Grandma (Connie)

thekerrclan said...

When you get Nolan potty trained...will you tackle Kenzie? She has NO interest.
Until then...given the mess that Nolan made in the kitchen -- we need to keep those two as far apart as possible!