Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cedar Point and the end of Summer.


With school starting this week and summer almost over I decided to take the older kids to Cedar Point for one last hoorah and to end the summer in style. The kids had never been and are not getting into some of the rides so I figured it could be a fun day. Plus it gave me an excuse to go and ride all the rides. I wasn't sure how the kids would do since the rides were quite a bit bigger than they were use to but I figured they could still have some fun and would maybe surprise me. It was kind of funny because on the ride there I could sense the nervousness in them. I don't know that they said more than 10 words the entire way there and that is highly unusual for these kids. With Cedar Point being one of the best amusement parks in the world I know they have heard about it from friends and TV but I don't think they really knew what it was and how big the rides were. We took the kids cousin, Cannon, to make an even 4 and hoping that he would get Maddux on some of the rides. To my surprise the one person I was worried most about freaking out, Brooklyn, was the only one who would go on the good rides with me. I think the Cannon factor had the opposite effect on Maddux. With Cannon not wanting to go on most of the rides, Maddux was also hesitant and skipped most. I think I could have talked Maddux into them but when his older cousin, who he really looks up to, won't go then he was out as well. But Brooklyn was my rock and went on every ride that I wanted to. I was very shocked and proud of her as she has been the undaring one in the past. Anyways, the day was a lot of fun and I think the kids had a real good time and the bigger rides will hopefully grow on them as they get older because I am going to need someone to ride with me.


The Millennium Force was the second ride that we went on and is arguably one of the best roller coasters in the world. Brooklyn was the only one who was brave enough to ride although I almost had Maddux bribed with a Milky Way. The roller coaster takes you up and drops you over 300 feet and reaches speeds of 70 + mph and is one of the best rides I have ever been on. Brooklyn absolutely loved it and would have gone on again had it not been for the hour and a half wait.


Cannon, Maddux and Brooklyn on the swing ride. One of the few rides that the boys would go on.


Maddux did find one roller coaster that he really liked, the Gemini. It is an old roller coaster and a decent little ride for those less adventurous.


One of the three water rides that the park offers. Two of the three rides will drench you and if it would have been about 10 degrees warmer, would have been great. The kids really liked these as we spent a couple hours go on these over and over again.


Brooklyn cooling off by running through the fountain. This was a popular spot for a lot of kids that day.


The kids riding the lift which takes you from one end of the park to the other. The kids were dying to give this a ride.


Maddux and Cannon alongside a hot rod which was parked outside of the Johnny Rockets restaurant.


This is Cedar Points newest addition, The Windseeker. The ride takes you up 301 feet in the air and swings you around at about 35 to 40 mph. The boys wanted nothing to do with this so Brooklyn and I were on our own. Not a super crazy ride but the height does provide for a nice view of the park. We actually rode this one at night and got to see the park lit up which was nice.


The Millennium Force initial drop. If you look close enough in the picture about half way up the hill you will see the ride actually stopped on the hill. Some bozo decided it would be funny to undo his seatbelt and didn't realize that a safety precaution forced the ride to stop once he did that. They had to come up and reset the ride which kept them on the hill for about 20 minutes. Not sure what that guy was thinking but I am sure the couple hundred people waiting in line were not happy with him.

Well with summer officially over it is time to turn our attention to school and soccer. I know that Jennie is glad to have the kids back in school and on a set routine. The summer really went by fast but we had a lot of fun and are glad we got to spend time with family.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Way to go Brooklyn! You are brave just like your aunt Rachel:)

Cannon I like your shirt!