Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beard Highlight Videos and Pictures.

Now that school is out and the soccer season has ended it is time to turn our attention to summer and baseball. I am working on getting Jennie to take some more pictures and video but did manage to get a little bit out of her. Maddux is doing very well in baseball and turning out to be quite the player. He has gotten much better at fielding and throwing and has always been able to hit the ball. The following are two of his at bats from this season. I think he has only gotten out once and that was because I threw him 2 horrible pitches in one at bat and he swung at both. He is not gazing out into the outfield anymore and has gotten a lot better at paying attention to the game. We have a very good team this year and have been putting the hurt on the other teams. It will be fun to watch him and the rest of the team progress over the year. I love coaching and am thankful to have the opportunity to work with these boys.


After this game Maddux had the quote of the day. He was talking to his Grandpa Kerr and he asked Maddux how he hit today. Maddux replied, "good". So he then asked him, "well what did you hit" to which Maddux replied, "BOMBS". I wish I had audio for it because my typing doesn't do it justice. It was one of the funniest things I have heard.


Another solid swing and line drive into the outfield. The only thing I need to work on with Maddux is getting him to run after he hits the ball and not watch it. He likes to see where his ball is going to go before he runs. I told him that once he starts hitting it into the trees he can then stand and watch it. He has a couple of triples this year that could have easily been homeruns if he would have ran right away. He hits the ball very hard and is my best hitter on the team.


I also managed to get a little video of Maddux's last couple of soccer games. He had another very good season and continues to enjoy the game. He is a goal scoring machine and very exciting to watch. It will be interesting to watch him play in the fall on a regular size field and one with goalies.



This was the last game of the season and even though the video doesn't show it Maddux dominated this game. This is the team that they played the first game of the year and lost 8 - 2. Maddux had a bad game and they had one boy who took over the game. Well this game was a much different story and Maddux's team won 10 - 0. Not only did Maddux score 9 of the goals but he also get their good kid from doing anything. I made sure that Maddux shadowed him everywhere he went and didn't let him get any kicks off. Maddux truly frustrated the kid the entire game and didn't let him do anything.

I wasn't able to get any video or pictures of Brooklyn's last games because she did not play in them. She was sick for 2 of the last 4 and didn't play. The other 2 were played on Sunday so she didn't go to those either. They did finish in 3rd place and had 6 or 7 wins this year. A huge improvement from the 2 wins in the prior 2 seasons. So while I don't have any video of that I am posting a video of her cupstacking during a family talent show while we were in Maryland.


The kids love these cupstacks and they have gotten tremendously better in the couple months that they have had them.


I couldn't leave Nolan out and love this video. I was sitting at the table downloading all the sports videos and Nolan was just sitting there eating an apple and watching TV. His facial expressions were priceless so I turned the camera on for awhile. He is such a funny boy and does some of the funniest stuff.



Thanks to Tacie I now have some decent pictures of Maddux playing baseball. Just thought I would post a couple so you could see him in action.


Here he is just after contact on one of his two triples last night.


On his way to third base. I love the kid standing in the background just watching. That is so typical of these boys at this age.


Standing at third, instead of home, waiting for the next batter to drive him in.


Great action shot of Maddux hitting his second triple of the game.


Maddux playing first base (looks like we may need to refocus on the game and not the crowd). He has done a much better job this year and is a lot more into the game then he was last year.

Well I will continue to work with Jennie to get some more pictures and video up of his games. If nothing else we will continue to invite Tacie to his games.

1 comment:

thekerrclan said...

I love the videos... That must be one delicious apple that Nolan is devouring!
We'd love to watch more of Mac Man's games...their BRIGHT white uniform pants made me laugh...right along with all the boys just standing around and watching.