Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Monday, November 9, 2009

We finally have a bedroom set.

No more sleeping on mattress on the ground. After being married for almost 9 years Jennie and I finally have a real bed with matching dressers. We decided that we were going to upgrade our bedroom and get out of the ghetto. So we headed to the furniture store and an hour later had a bedroom set ordered. We had looked at a couple other stores but there aren't many options out there for a California King bed. Most manufactures don't make that size and the ones that do only make 1 or 2 options so we were having a hard time finding something we liked. Well we finally found one and weren't going to let it pass us by. Six weeks later and we are out of the ghetto (as Jennie has called it). Here are some before and after pictures of our new bedroom (never mind the messy bed, it is very rarely ever made).

Before :


This use to be our bed. Just a couple of mattress lying on the floor and no frame. This gave us an excuse to not make the bed.


We had dressers but not one single one of them matched or was even close.


I honestly think all our dressers were hand-me-downs.

After:


The new bed. Still haven't gotten in the habit of making the bed but maybe now that we have a real bed we will start to make it.


Jennie's new dresser with full mirror included.


My new dresser, which now matches all the other furniture.

I don't know how Jennie put up with it for so long. I am a guy and it really didn't bother me but for her to put up with that for the first 9 years of marriage is remarkable. I think we are down to one last hand-me-down dresser (Maddux's) and then we will have all new furniture.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I was wondering if you would ever get around to furnishing your bedroom. Looks nice. I also got the pictures of Mac and Brooklynn today. Thanks. They are super cute.