Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Car Wreck.

Last Thursday I was involved in a minor car accident and ended up rear ending a lady by the airport. It had been raining all day and the roads were pretty wet. I came over a little overpass and when I got to the top I saw the line of cars stopped at the light. I hit the brakes and slid 50 feet right into the back of her. I was probably doing 30 mph so didn't do to much damage to her car (just dented the bumper and broke the tail light). The majority of the damage was to my car. Everybody was fine and she was super nice about the whole thing. I went around and got various estimates to fix my car and it ended up costing $450, which compared to the first estimate of $1600 was very good news. I am not sure why some were super high but I ended up going through the dealership as they were the cheapest (totally would not have expected that). Even though the car doesn't look at that great it is at least legal to drive and will hopefully get me through the next 2 years and then I can look at a new one. Here are some before and after pictures to show the damage and the fix. I am sure that Jennie has told most of you about this and despite all her remarks, I am not an "idiot driver".

BEFORE:

The front fender and headlight took the most of the damage. The front door only opened so much as the fender was pushed back a little bit.


The headlight was destroyed and was really the only thing I wanted to get fixed as I needed that to be legal.


The hood took a little bit of a beating but not to bad.


The bumper was already broken as someone hit me in a Church parking lot last year and took off, so it really isn't as bad as it looks.

AFTER:

They put a new headlight in, pulled the fender back out as best they could, and made it look the best they could for as little money to me. I really don't care how it looks as long as it runs and is ok to drive.


The fender was pushed back about 12 inches and really a mess so they did a pretty good job with that.


Looks a lot better than it did and happy that I didn't have to spend a lot to fix it.

I am really just glad that no one got hurt and will now have to wait and see what it does to my insurance rates. I still have to go to court for the ticket I got for it and hope that it does not cost too much.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Texting is only supposed to cost $5 a month. Looks like your bill is a bit higher this month.