Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Jennie, Ted, Brooklyn, Maddux, Nolan & Payton

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soccer Week 3 and Payton Washing Dishes

Well we finally got the computer back and I have all the pictures finally uploaded so I can get back to regular blogging. Lucky for you that means there will be many entries over the next week as I update everyone on what has been going on the last couple weeks. We will start with week 3 of soccer. I don't have a lot of pictures as Brooklyn's game was the same time as Maddux's. I think I got one of Brooklyn's game and then I actually coached Maddux's game so I didn't get any. I think people would have thought I was crazy if I was running around on the field instructing the kids and trying to take pictures at the same time. So in order to make up for it I do have some pictures from Brooklyn's picture day.


Here are the "Red Hawks" coached by Connie Kerr (Brooklyn's grandma) and managed by Jennie.


This is the lone shot I got from Brooklyn's game before I had to leave to go to Maddux's game. Brooklyn played goalie the first quarter and I was able to help her most of the quarter. We have an agreement where she earns $1 for every quarter she doesn't allow a goal. This is the second game in a row I have had to pay up. She has become quite good and stopping the ball and keeping it out of the net. As far as the team goes they ended up tying 2 -2 in a game they probably should have won. From what Jennie tells me the other teams goals really should have been stopped and they should have won the game. The good news is that they didn't lose and are starting to play better. It will be nice for them to finally get a win under their belt and get that first one out of the way. Hopefully this weekend they can pick up their first win.


Individual picture of Brooklyn. They will be coming in trading cards soon.

As I mentioned earlier I was able to coach Maddux's team as one of his coaches went to the OSU football game. It was the second time I have got to do this and is such a blast. I just hope the parents don't think I am nuts as I will usually be running down the field with the kids yelling the whole way. Maddux did play a pretty good team and with him just getting over a nasty cold he wasn't at his best. He still played pretty well but the team tied 2 - 2 on a last second goal from the other team. Maddux's team was up 2 - 0 going into the last quarter and one of his own teammates took the ball and kicked it into his own goal. He obviously forgot which way he was going and was just happy he had the chance to score. Then with time expiring his team couldn't clear the ball from the goal and a kid came in and kicked the ball in right in front of the net. It was tough to lose the game that way, being the coach, but the kids had a lot of fun and I had a blast running around with them. However, I may not be asked to coach again as I followed up a 16 - 2 game with a 2 - 2 game.

On a side note just wanted to throw in some pictures of Payton and her willingness to help with the dishes. Whenever Jennie or I start to loan or unload the dishwasher and Payton is around she loves to come over and climb on the door to help. She obviously gets that urge from my side and only hope that that same enthusiasm stays with her during her teenage years.


Tell me that is not one of the most adorable things you are ever seen.


Helping load the bowls in the dishwasher.

I apologize for the delay in getting these up and hope to have Week 4 and a couple other posts up in the next day or two.

No comments: